Saturday, July 9, 2011

Finding Peace

Treasuring Emma
By Kathleen Fuller

A good story about finding contentment.   The only peace is found trusting God. There were many characters presented each with differing emotions and viewpoints.

I hadn't read a book by this author before, but it must be in a series, and she leaves some room to write many more stories with these characters.

I would be interested in reading more books by her. The one thing I found strange is that she refers to the outside culture as "Yankee" when the other Amish writers I have read refer to it as "English". 

I plan to watch for the next book in this series so I can follow this story.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    Thanks for the review--I'm glad you liked the book. Love the background of your blog, btw. :) In Middlefield non-Amish are referred to as Yankee. I think they're the only settlement that doesn't call them English. And this is a series, the next book, Faithful to Laura, comes out next year. Thanks for taking a chance on a new-to-you author! kathy

    ReplyDelete